Most diseases can be PREVENTED by changing your habits! As an RN, I have seen the effects of these diseases and trust me, it's better to prevent than to treat! If you haven't experienced the changes in our nation's healthcare now-you will eventually. Why not be proactive and prevent dealing with the hassle of healthcare?? This is where the future is going, peeps! Healthcare will almost be non-existent for some people in this country and we need to take the steps now toward wellness to avoid being left out in the cold.
So I guess now you want to know HOW?? How, Adrienne, do I lose the weight and prevent metabolic syndrome (insert Diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, cancer, etc.)?
Shhhh....Here's the secret! Don't tell anyone. Baby Steps. That's it? Yep. Baby Steps. Here's what you do:
1. Start by eliminating fast foods. They aren't real foods anyway. Make that your goal for the first week.
2. Eliminate all soft drinks, including diet drinks. Drink more water. There's a crapload of sugar in soft drinks and the artificial sweeteners in diet drinks are even worse for you. Make this your goal for week 2.
3. Week 3's goal: Limit your intake of sugar and chunk the artificial stuff. The symptoms people see when consuming artificial sweeteners can range from recurring headaches, anxiety, muscle pain, arthritic flare-ups, chronic fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux-just to name a few. This stuff is poison, man. Don't do it. Keep this in mind when chewing gum! I'm not saying don't eat a piece of cake on your birthday. I'm saying don't eat the whole cake and don't eat candy and sweets every day. Try fresh fruits instead. Watch out for hidden sugars in "low fat" foods. AVOID!
4. Week 4 and FOREVER! Eat more fresh veggies and fruits. Eat less fried, processed foods. Eat what's in season. Treat yourself once a week, but don't treat yourself to junk food binges and alcohol splurges that last all weekend. MODERATION is key.
5. And finally, get some support. Surround yourself with people that lift you up rather than drag you down. Friend request me on Facebook. Follow me on twitter-@dollbaby4. I'm on Instagram, too! (@adrienneafernandez) Get motivated! Get inspired! Live your life! You deserve to be healthy and happy.
*feel free to email me for questions. I'm here to help.