Here are some tips to plan ahead to stay on the the right track:
1. Cook ahead of time. On one of your down-days, maybe Sunday before the football game, prep several dishes in containers or pans, ready-to-cook. This will save time and you can just pop them in the oven when you are ready. Remember to add any liquids to the dishes right before you cook to prevent soggy food. Grill several chicken breasts, fish filets, or have some tempeh on hand for your go-to-protein. You can easily add a chicken breast, piece of fish or tempeh to a salad for a quick meal.
2. Pre-chop veggies when possible. (Or purchase pre-chopped veggies) This is something I need to get better with! I spend a lot of time cutting & slicing my veggies all cute. I really like to cook & this is fun for me! If it isn't fun for you, get pre-chopped! Keep them in bags or containers that you can readily access in the fridge to add to whatever you are preparing.
3. Plan your meals out, whether on paper or in your head. If you are doing a complicated workout plan that requires strict adherence to a diet for good results, this is CRUCIAL! If you are having trouble staying on track, email me & we can work on your plan together. If you are looking to control your blood sugar, cholesterol, or just eat healthier & lose weight, this will really benefit you as well.
4. Pack it with you!! Keep nuts, seeds, protein bars (healthy ones, peeps, not the ones with a million ingredients that you can't pronounce!), fresh & dried fruits stashed in your car, purse, gym bag. That way you always have something to munch on. Shakeology is a good option here because you can take a packet with you and blend away wherever you find an outlet! Oh...you DON'T carry your blender wherever you go?? You should! You never know when you may need it! Haha! Seriously, there are several little blenders out there that are small enough to carry almost anywhere. I like my little Oster personal blender.
5. Always, always, always have a few bottles of water with you. Drink at least 16 oz. when that hunger strikes, and it just might go away! Sometimes our bodies misinterpret thirst as hunger!
It does take a little time to plan ahead like this, but you'll be glad you did when you get the results you are looking for! I'm always here to help. Shoot me an email when you are ready!
How are you planning ahead to avoid munching on junk?? Share your ideas with us!!